sábado, 17 de dezembro de 2011

" Di Grassi talks with * Le Mans and DTM...*

Lucas Di Grassi 2011 passed away from a starting grid, just as a test driver for Pirelli tires developing the Italian brand's return to the category this year after 20 years to be sole supplier.
Now, for next season, the pilot intends to be connected to any team, although it can hardly have a chance to hold. His alternative would be the new World Endurance and DTM (German Touring Championship).
"I'll be involved somehow in F1. I have some proposals for F1 teams to be a test driver and can run it to complete the Le Mans or DTM, I'm looking at, let's see what the best solution, "the pilot said in an interview with Autosport Tazio.
In November, Di Grassi conducted a test of endurance for the Peugeot team, champion of the 2011 Intercontinental Cup and vice Le Mans 24 hours of Le Mans.
"It's no different. I was even surprised. It is a very fast car that is fast and long. It is an interesting category and will now have a stage in Brazil. So it may be something to think about. "
"I think it is the second fastest car after F1. It has a lot of aerodynamic drag, it is heavy because it's built to last 24 hours. It is a new challenge and very interesting. Never a Brazilian won Le Mans, and suddenly be the first, it would be really cool. "


About the work he did with Pirelli, he said learning he had during the testing of compounds and provides that the manufacturer will keep the main features of your tires for 2012.
"The work was very interesting, many technical aspects, things that I had no idea and that will help me in future in F1 and in different categories. But I'm trying not to do it next year again, I hope to run. I want to be fighting for wins, podiums, not just be around. I think it all puts me in a good position for next year. "
"The behavior will be more or less the same. The idea is to maintain and leave just a little easier to work the tires, "he said.